Drop In Center
The New Day Drop-In Center offers a wide variety of services for men, women and children who are low-income or are experiencing homelessness. The center’s mission is to give guests a safe place to be during the day with heating and cooling and provide services that preserve human dignity and promote positive direction.
Available services include:
- Computer Learning Center, including access to computers, email, phones, word processing and a copier
- Referrals to community resources, and case management to provide advocacy
- Job search assistance. This includes help writing, typing, editing and printing resumes; assistance with online job searches and applications; and assistance with interviewing skills and job development through Will County’s Job Force Development Council, IDES and Illinois Skill Match.
- Individual training on navigating the internet and using email
- Education on adult daily living skills
- Housing information and assistance with rental applications. Specialized intakes are available for veterans and people with disabilities
- Medical and social referrals to medical facilities and social service agencies
- Access to Bibles and Christian materials, as well as Christian movies and other movies suitable for the family
- Emergency vouchers for clothing and furniture are redeemable at our Treasure Chest Thrift Stores
Address: 364 E. Washington St., Joliet, IL 60433
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8-11:45am, 1-4:45pm